‘Forensic Faith’ Investigator J. Warner Wallace Joins Lineup of 2018 Truth for a New Generation Conference with Dr. Alex McFarland
Todd Starnes, Lauren Green, Josh McDowell and Others Also Part of Two-Day Event in March at Life Community Church in North Carolina
GREENSBORO, N.C.—If there was ever a time to investigate faith for its ability to “Save a Nation,” it is now.
That’s exactly the focus of cold-case investigator J. Warner Wallace, who, ever since his own discovery that Christianity is demonstrably true, has helped thousands of believers know these same truths.
Wallace will be part of the 2018 Truth for a New Generation (TNG, www.TruthforaNewGeneration.com) conference organized by religion and culture expert and author Dr. Alex McFarland (www.truthforanewgeneration.com). The event is set for March 23-24, 2018, at Life Community Church, 4900 W. Wendover Ave., Jamestown (the greater Greensboro area) in North Carolina.
“J. Warner Wallace is one of the most intelligent and calculating defenders of the faith today,” said McFarland, who is also Director for Christian Worldview and Apologetics at the Christian Worldview Center of North Greenville University (NGU, www.ngu.edu) in Greenville, S.C. “And we are honored to welcome him to this year’s Truth for a New Generation conference. As a former atheist himself, this faith investigator knows the skepticism that runs rampant in today’s culture, and J. Warner Wallace is ready to counter it with the infallible facts and knowledge that can only come from the never-changing truths of the God’s Word.”
A cold-case homicide detective, apologetics professor and author of “Cold-Case Christianity” and “Forensic Faith,” Wallace was a conscientious and vocal atheist throughout his undergraduate and graduate work. He considered himself an “evidentialist,” and his experience in law enforcement only served to strengthen his conviction that truth is tied directly to evidence. So he embarked on an investigation of Christianity, not only for himself but for others as well.
In fact, Wallace’s newest book, “Forensic Faith: A Homicide Detective Makes the Case for a More Reasonable, Evidential Christian Faith,” helps readers understand why they have a duty to defend the truth, develop a training strategy to master the evidence for Christianity, learn how to employ the techniques of a detective to discover new insights from God’s Word and become better communicators by learning the skills of professional case makers.
After becoming a Christ follower in 1996, Wallace continued to take an evidential approach to truth as he examined the Christian worldview. Wallace served as a youth pastor for several years and then planted a church in 2006. Along the way, he authored “Cold-Case Christianity” and created the Cold-Case Christianity website, blog and podcast as a place to post and talk about what he discovered related to the evidence supporting Christianity.
With real-life detective stories, fascinating strategies and biblical insights, Wallace teaches readers cold-case investigative disciplines they can apply to their Christian faith. “Forensic Faith” is an engaging, fresh look at what it means to be a Christian. Besides “Cold-Case Christianity” and “Cold-Case Christianity for Kids,” he is also the author of “God’s Crime Scene: A Cold-Case Detective Examines the Evidence for a Divinely Created Universe,” “God’s Crime Scene for Kids” and “Alive: A Cold-Case Approach to the Resurrection.”
The theme of the 2018 Truth for a New Generation conference is “Save a Nation” and will also feature the following speakers:
- Todd Starnes—The popular Fox News commentator and columnist is heard daily on hundreds of radio stations around the nation. Starnes also makes regular appearances on Fox News Channel, including on “Fox & Friends,” and on Fox Business Network. He is the author of several books, including “The Deplorables’ Guide to Making America Great Again” and “God Less America,” and is a frequent speaker. He recently debuted the three-hour, daily “Todd Starnes Show” on Fox News Radio and has covers a number of high-profile stories, taking him from Wall Street to the White House.
- Lauren Green—Currently serving as Chief Religion Correspondent for the Fox News Channel, Green is famous for her straightforward approach to journalism and faith stories. Prior to joining FNC in 1996, she served as a weekend news anchor and correspondent in Chicago and assignment reporter in St. Paul. She has interviewed some of the most prominent faith leaders across the globe, as well as the most well-known people in the classical music world. Outside her career at FNC, Green is also a well-known concert pianist.
- Josh McDowell—A trailblazer for truth and relationships, McDowell has been at the forefront of cultural trends and ground-breaking ministry for over five decades. He shares the essentials of the Christian faith in everyday language so that youth, families, churches, leaders and individuals of all ages are prepared for the life of faith and the work of the ministry. Since 1961, McDowell has delivered more than 27,000 talks to over 25 million people in 125 countries. He has written or co-authored 148 books, including “More Than a Carpenter” and “New Evidence That Demands a Verdict,” recognized by World Magazine as one of the top 40 books of the 20th century.
- Kamal Saleem—Having come from among them, Saleem is uniquely equipped with tremendous insight and a wealth of knowledge concerning the true culture and agenda of radical Islam. He is well-versed in the Holy Bible, Koran, Hadith and Sira (Shariah Law). He believes radical Islam is the most broadly disguised present danger to Christians, Jews and all non-Muslim people of the world. Saleem carries a message from God to awaken the Church through the truth, education and relationship.
- Abraham Hamilton III—A husband, father of four, lawyer, home-school dad and Bible teacher, Hamilton serves American Family Association as its General Counsel and Public Policy Analyst. He hosts “The Hamilton Corner” American Family Radio and has an undergraduate degree in New Testament Biblical Literature from Oral Roberts University and a Juris Doctor degree from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law. In the legal profession, Abe served as a criminal prosecutor, handling major felony prosecutions at the trial level. Additionally, Hamilton’s ministerial focuses include marriage, family, apologetics, biblical worldview training, discipleship and preaching.
- Juan Valdes—With a love for the Lord and a passion to reach both English- and Spanish-speaking people with God’s message, Valdes is the senior pastor of a Spanish-speaking congregation in Florida and has worked at a Christian school as both a chaplain and a teacher for more than 20 years. As an educated and experienced teacher of apologetics, Valdes has taught Bible and philosophy at the high school level, and theology, Bible and apologetics at the seminary level. He speaks regularly in the Miami area, across the country and internationally, at conferences, church services and events.
This year’s conference will also feature a screening of the American Family Association feature-length film, “The God Who Speaks,” for which McFarland was a contributor, as well as a VIP “Gold Circle” seating, which will allow participants to interact with the speakers.
Previous TNG conferences drew overflow crowds, and early registration is encouraged. A special early-bird rate is available through Jan. 30. For more information, a schedule and registration and lunch details, visit www.truthforanewgeneration.com. Truth for a New Generation is presented by Alex McFarland Ministries, American Family Association, American Family Radio, North Greenville University and Journey Christian Magazine.
View the media page for Alex McFarland here. For more information on Dr. Alex McFarland, visit www.AlexMcFarland.com or follow him on Facebook or on Twitter @AlexMcFarland. For more on the TNG conference, visit www.TruthforaNewGeneration.com.
For more information on TNG or to book Dr. Alex McFarland for interviews, contact Deborah Hamilton, Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, 610-584-1096, ext. 102, or Dillon Burroughs, 610-584-1096, ext. 108.