Dr. Alex McFarland’s Curriculum and Television Show Receive Honors
‘21 Questions’ DVD Set Wins Bronze for Best Curriculum; ‘Viral Truth’ Program Nominated for NRB Media Awards
CHARLOTTE, N.C.—For more than two decades, Dr. Alex McFarland (www.AlexMcFarland.com), a nationally known pastor, religion and culture expert, author, and radio and television host has worked diligently to reach the masses with the truth of Jesus Christ. And God has blessed him with the knowledge and insight to utilize all media at his disposal.
McFarland has made impact with at least two of his ministry projects this year. First, a DVD set of family-friendly curriculum based on his popular book, “The 21 Toughest Questions Your Kids Will Ask About Christianity,” was named the bronze medal winner in the International Christian Visual Media (ICVM) Crown Awards for “Best Curriculum.”
“Children may not yet have advanced educational degrees, but they ask some of the most insightful and profound questions,” McFarland said. “And these questions are often some of the most difficult to answer and the most frightening for parents to hear. When parents are faced with sincere questions from their children—questions that may impact their eternal destiny—‘because I said so’ simply does not suffice as a response. The reality, though, is that there are answers to these questions, and we can be empowered to speak truth into our children’s lives by learning how to respond in truth and with confidence.”
The popular book by McFarland is a go-to resource for families and small groups, as kids do indeed ask tough questions about faith, such as:
- “Why Doesn’t God Make My Life Easy?”
- “Why Does God Allow Evil?”
- “Why Does God Allow Suffering?”
- “Why Is God So Unfair?”
The book had been so sought after by families that Focus on the Family released a newly branded edition last year. American Family Association (AFA) introduced the DVD curriculum series for “21 Questions” that families, small groups, Bible studies and parenting groups can delve into together. The “21 Questions” package includes two DVDs, each with three 30-minute sessions (six sessions total), one leader’s guide and one participant’s workbook (sold separately), featuring questions to enhance the group’s study experience.
ICVM is a community of Christians involved in bringing the message of Christ to the world through the use of media. The organization is committed to bringing together like-minded individuals with the same passion, and helping its members multiply their effectiveness through every possible opportunity.
Then earlier this summer, McFarland’s weekly television program “Viral Truth,” which airs at 5 p.m. ET Wednesdays on the National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) network, was nominated for the 2017 NRB Media Awards.
Weekly, “Viral Truth,” co-hosted by McFarland and pastor, apologist and founder of Reshift Ministries Jason Jimenez, seeks to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with listeners and viewers around the country, enabling them to stand for truth.
“We want to take the truth of Jesus Christ viral to people everywhere in this generation,” McFarland said of the “Viral Truth” program. “Our vision is that people would find Jesus Christ and be equipped to defend the gospel, and that ultimately, as lives are changed, a nation would be changed—changed by the truth of Jesus Christ.”
In fact, “Viral Truth” debuted on NRB Network one year ago today, on Aug. 19, 2015.
A long-standing hallmark of NRB, the annual awards program remains one of the association’s most valued traditions. It recognizes excellence in various concentrations of Christian media, including church media, digital media, international, radio and television. Winners will be notified late this fall, and official presentation of the awards will be made at Proclaim 17, the NRB International Christian Media Convention, set for February 27 to March 2 in Orlando, Fla.
McFarland is also active in several other projects this summer:
- “Heart & Soul: A Night of Prayer and Worship” on September 16 from 5 to 9 p.m. at Festival Park in Fayetteville, N.C. The event is a partnership between McFarland, Covenant Love Church and the American Family Association as an opportunity to pray over our nation, our cities, the unified Church in America and our military and law enforcement officers. The event is free and no registration is required (unless volunteering; click here). For more information, visit www.heartandsoul.org, the event Facebook page or the promotional video.
- McFarland recently released his latest book, “Stand Strong America.” Co-authored with Jimenez, “Stand Strong America” addresses the idea that Americans are weary of the poor character and decisions of their leaders, including laws that may not coincide with their faith. The book is available at AlexMcFarland.com, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble or Christianbook.com.
- In addition, McFarland recently launched the “2016 Malaise Index,” an online survey that gauges Americans’ views on the culture as well as their outlook on society as a whole. From staunchly debated LGBTQ policies and a sluggish economy, to global health scares and political unrest, there are many headlines that might cause some Americans to have a bleak outlook. But on the other side of the coin, Christianity is reaching more corners of the world, technological advancements abound, and young people are showing their engagement in society. So to others, there is hope and a chance for new beginnings. Learn more or take the survey at AlexMcFarland.com/survey and read about some of the results here.
McFarland is also the author of “The God You Thought You Knew: Exposing the 10 Biggest Myths About Christianity,” in which he dispels the myths and untruths about Christianity and replaces that with the truth of who God really is, as well as “10 Questions Every Christian Must Answer,” “10 Issues that Divide Christians,” “10 Answers for Skeptics” and the “Stand” series of devotions for teens. McFarland is an expert in the field of apologetics—the practice of defending the Christian faith in a world where faith in Christ is plummeting at alarming rates.
McFarland has spent years working with young people and takes their questions to heart. He has preached in more than 1,300 churches and has been featured at conferences such as the Billy Graham School of Evangelism, Focus on the Family’s “Big Dig” and California’s “Spirit West Coast,” sharing the platform with Chuck Colson, Eric Metaxas, Josh McDowell and others. He also serves as Director for Christian Worldview and Apologetics at the Christian Worldview Center of North Greenville University (www.ngu.edu) in Greenville, S.C.
Part evangelist, part apologist, part educator and part broadcaster, McFarland focuses on communicating the message of salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ. He co-hosts the daily, live radio program “Exploring the Word” on American Family Radio’s Talk Network, heard on approximately 140 stations across the country, and the weekly television show “Viral Truth,” airing on the National Religious Broadcasters Network, which he co-hosts with Jason Jimenez.
For more information on Dr. Alex McFarland, visit www.AlexMcFarland.com or follow him on Facebook or on Twitter @AlexMcFarland.
To book Dr. Alex McFarland for interviews, contact Beth Harrison at 610-584-1096, ext. 104, Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, or Deborah Hamilton at 215-815-7716 or 610-584-1096, ext. 102.